Welcome to Oddgit's Hut!

Oi! Greetings traveller! Ya ’ave found yer way ta da Borda’ Princes an’ da ’ome uv Oddgit da Night Goblin shaman. Step into da hut (mind da Squigs!) an’ take a seat by da fire. ’Ere, ’ave sum funguz brew an’ relax while Oddgit tells ya all about da Old World an’ its inhabitants!

Hi and welcome to my new blog! My name is Ted, and I'm from Sweden. 

My journey into the world of wargaming began back in October 1996, when my older brother brought home a Games Workshop leaflet he had picked up from a small shop in the nearest town. It was a really cool place that sold electric guitars, ice hockey cards and miniatures!

The thing that started it all!

The Warhammer Fantasy 5th edition starter set, featuring the Lizardmen and Bretonnians, had just been released, so we picked up a copy along with White Dwarf 202. My brother chose the Bretonnians and I got the Lizardmen (although it didn't take long before I started collecting Orcs & Goblins instead...). 

I believe a plastic monopose Skink was the first Games Workshop model I ever painted. Having previously built a few Airfix kits, miniature painting wasn't entirely new to me. Apparently I found painting and modelling very much to my liking, because here we are nearly 30 years later!

My hobby interests these days mainly revolve around Warhammer Fantasy 4th, 5th and 6th edition, as well as Warhammer 40,000 2nd and 3rd edition. Over the years I've also collected quite a few of  Games Workshop's newer board games such as Space Hulk (4th edition) and Blackstone Fortress. I've also dabbled in a few games outside of GW, such as Saga: Age of Vikings, and I'm currently looking to get into Five Parsecs from Home.

The aim of this blog is to share different aspects of my wargaming hobby. You can expect painting and modelling updates, terrain-building projects, White Dwarf highlights, battle reports and more! Be sure to check out the menu on the left, where you'll find some of my painted models from the many painting challenges I've taken part in, along with articles I've written for the Herohammer Fanzine.

Have a look around, leave a comment if you like, and above all, welcome to Oddgit's Hut!

Wait! Who's Oddgit then? 

Oddgit is a Night Goblin Shaman who appeared in the Warhammer Fantasy campaign pack Idol of Gork released in 1997 (just as I started collecting Orcs & Goblins). The miniature representing him was sculpted by Brian Nelson and released alongside the campaign. He's one of my favourite goblin miniatures of all time, so when the time came to choose a name for this blog Oddgit and his cosy hut felt like the perfect choice!

The oddest of gits.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts